Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Festival String Quartet

I had the pleasure of photographing the Festival String Quartet on Sunday. These musicians are members and conductors of many different orchestras in our area. Before our session I enjoyed the Shreveport Summer Music Festival concert which just celebrated it's 32nd year. The concert was held at the gorgeous and historic Church of the Holy Cross (est. 1905) in Shreveport, Louisiana.

As some of you know, music is one of my loves. I was involved in my high school and college bands. So, anytime I have the chance to go to a concert, I'm there. Our area is overflowing with many talented musicians. I'm posting a few links to area orchestras...check them out!

Texarkana Symphony - just celebrated it's 2nd season
Shreveport Symphony - founded in 1948